Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our Group

My group has the topic of the differences (both socially and economically) between the North and South. Since we are a group of five we also have the topic of Andrew Jackson's presidency and the Indian Removal Acts under the afore mentioned president. The part of this project that appeals most to me is studying the topics I do not understand as well such as President Jackson's battle with the United States Bank. I am also interested in the Indian Removal Acts and the Trail of Tears. These topics are interesting to me since our U.S. history textbook does not fully cover these points. My greatest fear for the project is that I will have challenges with group work since I often do and this usually impedes group working ability. My hope is that to alleviate such a risk my group will allow me to handle the Indian Removal Acts. I would then do that part of the project and they would split the other parts and at the end we would teach each other before teaching the class.

No comments: